Last Modified: Nov 05, 2020
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case www.nevis.net) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies". Third-party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for the Subscription Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features.
Where the installation of Cookies is based on consent, such consent can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
2. What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform. A list of the cookies used by Nevis is listed below. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites. The processing of this data is based on our legitimate interests (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Bst. f GDPR).
- Non-essential website cookies: The processing of this data is based on your consent (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Bst. A GDPR)
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
3. How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject non-essential cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt-out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You may opt out by clicking here: http://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, however, as described above.
If you cange your mind and want to remove accepted non-essential cookies you can do this here:
4. What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage the Website and Subscription Service by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or in emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We use clear gifs or pixels in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs in emails to our customers' Personal Information.
5. Do you serve targeted advertising?
Third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Websites. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details, or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
7. Cookies set on Nevis' websites
|hs-messages-hide-welcome-message||HubSpot||in one day||Necessary|
|__hsmem||HubSpot||in one year||Necessary|
|hs_langswitcher_choice||HubSpot||in two years||Necessary|
|__cfduid||CloudFare||max 30 days||Necessary|
|_ga||in two years||Analytics|
Cookies set when you start a Nevis Demo or Trial
|_ga||in two years||Analytics|